What is Motor Insurance?
Auto insurance policy is mandatory for vehicle owners as per Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1988. This Plan is designed to give coverage for losses which insured might incur in case his gets stolen or damaged. The amount of Auto insurance premium is decided based on the Insured Declared Value of a car. The premium will increase, if you raise the IDV limit and vice versa.
Key Features of Auto Insurance
1) Policy protection against loss or damage to the covered vehicle
2) Coverage against financial liability caused due to injury or death of a third party or damage to the property.
3) Personal Accident Coverage.
4) Auto Insurance protects you for the below mentioned damages, should they occur.
Exclusions from Auto Insurance
1) General ageing, wear and tear
2) Damage by a person driving without a valid driving license
3) Mechanical or electrical breakdown, failure
4) Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor/Alcohol/Drugs
5) Depreciation, any consequential loss
6) Loss /Damage attributable to War /Mutiny /Nuclear risks
7) Damage to tyres and tubes are excluded unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time. In such circumstance, the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost which includes replacement Loss /Damage
Important points to remember in the event of an accident
These documents must always be in your vehicle:-
Copy of policy/cover note
2) Car Registration Copy (RC Book)
3) Driving License Copy
To Initiate The Claim Process
1) Register an FIR
Note down the vehicle number involved in the accident,witness name and contact details. Initiate the
claim process by calling on toll free number and providing the required details.
2) Get in touch with the contact center & inquire for the network garage nearby. And in case, should
you visit a non-networked garage, the bills will be settled after ascertaining the damages caused.